VicHealth invites proposals to collaborate in the development and delivery of a social innovations incubator for health equity.
This is an exciting new approach to capacity building for greater social equity in health and wellbeing outcomes.
The Social Innovation for Health Equity project has been initiated to address the common drivers of health inequities as described in Fair Foundations: The VicHealth framework for health equity. Some of the most impactful and sustainable improvements in health equity can result from action at the socioeconomic, political and cultural level of the framework. This typically requires change well outside the health service or public health sector.
The aim of this project is to develop and test a social innovations incubation model for health equity.
The objectives are to work with VicHealth to:
- Develop an incubator model
- Engage participants for the incubator program
- Deliver the incubator program
- Provide seed funding to one or more projects developed through the incubator (and potentially leverage additional funds to contribute to this seed funding)
- Report on the potential for the incubator model to deliver health equity outcomes for VicHealth and provide recommendations to embed an incubator model in VicHealth operations.
Who is eligible to apply?
Suitably experienced organisations.
What's on offer?
Up to $135,000 to develop and implement the incubator program.
What are the timelines?
An outline of key stages and dates for the program are outlined below:
|Social Innovations for Health Equity Request For Submission open
||Tuesday, 14 April 2015
|Closing date for proposals
||Thursday, 7 May 2015 (5pm)
|Successful applicant notified by VicHealth||Wednesday, 27 May 2015|
|Program completion||June 2016|
How can I apply?
- Download and read the Request for Submission
- Download and read the Funding Agreement
- Complete the Submission form
- Email your proposal, including the cover sheet to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, Thursday 7 May 2015
Where can I get more information?
For enquiries please contact email@example.com.